To print from a personal computer, smartphone or tablet wirelessly, you need to connect your HP Printer to a local Wi-Fi network. The process for HP Printer WiFi setup can be completed easily using the Wireless setup wizard (for touch screen printers) or Wi-Fi Protected Setup (for without touch screen printers). So, if you are also looking to set up Wi-Fi on your HP Printer then you have come to the right place. On this page we are discussing the method to set up Wi-Fi on HP Printer; stay with us.
Method to setup Wi-Fi using Wireless setup Wizard
If you have a touch screen HP Printer then this method can help you to connect your printer to a local Wi-Fi network; look at the steps that are given below:
- Try to place your printer near a Wi-Fi router
- Make sure that you have loaded paper in the main tray
- Plug in your printer to a power source and turn it on
- Now, head to the control panel and tap on Wireless Setup Wizard from the Wireless
- Now, tap on the ‘Settings’ option
- Then, look for the Network Setup menu and tap on it
- Now, choose the name of your Wi-Fi network
- You need to enter the password of your Wi-Fi network to connect it with your printer
- Submit the details and wait for a minute and let the printer authorize the connection
- Finally, you have completed the HP Printer WiFi setup process on your HP Printer
Method to setup Wi-Fi using Wi-Fi Protected Setup
You can use this method to connect your HP Printer (without touchscreen) to a local Wi-Fi network. To establish a connection between your printer and the router follow the steps that are introduced below:
- Make sure that your HP Printer is placed near a local Wi-Fi network and paper is loaded in the main tray
- Now, head to the control panel and find the ‘Wireless’ button on it
- Then, long-press the Wireless button, if the light has started blinking then lift your finger
- Now, wait for a while and find the WPS button on your router
- After finding the WPS button on your router, press and hold the WPS button until the connection process starts
- Now, wait for a while and let the printer connect to your router
- Once the connection is established on your HP Printer you can take a print test on it
- Finally, you have completed the process to set up Wi-Fi on your HP printer
Method to restore the network default settings on the printer
To restore the network default settings on your HP Printer you need to approach the steps that are given below:
- If you are trying to restore the network default setting on a touch screen printer then choose the ‘Restore Network Defaults’ from the Wireless setting menu.
- If your HP Printer does not have a control panel then you need to press and hold the Wireless and Cancel button together until the power light keeps blinking.
To sum up, the process of setting up a Wi-Fi network on your HP Printer is easy and clear. We have explained the processes to connect your HP Printer to a local Wi-Fi network. Which method you will choose to set up Wi-Fi on HP Printer depends on the model of printer that you are using.
You need to visit the Wireless Setup Wizard or Wi-Fi Protected Setup to connect the HP Printer to your router. You may need to enter the password of your router to authorize the connection to your Wi-Fi network. We hope you have completed the process for HP Printer WiFi setup successfully.