Hewlett Packard or as you know it, HP has been the leading company when it comes to technology industries for a long time now and has never failed to maximize the utility its products were aimed at delivering. It cannot be compared with any other brand when it is about offering the best-in-class technology engineered with its products (such as the range of laptops, printers and a cluster of related items). However, every technological product goes through some running hindrances and faces difficulty in providing a great service at times. Here, in this read, you’ll be introduced to such an issue that users encounter with the installation process of their HP printers. You’ll get to know about the “Fatal Error” that comes up in the process, common causes of the issue and the steps to resolve and overcome it.
What is the “Fatal Error” while installing HP printer?
Tons of error messages come up while you attempt to get the smooth HP printer experience- Supply Memory error, Paper Jam, No EP Cartridge, Job Memory Full, PS Error 16, Fuser Error, and a lot more. But, this particular section will familiarize you with a specific error message- Fatal Error. Before telling you what it is, let’s tell you what it isn’t. Fatal Error is a technical issue and does not mean your printer will never work again or “die”.
This message is displayed on your printer or the connected computer device as and when you try to install your printer or the printer drivers. This can also be a result of your computer not recognizing the installed printer drivers for further usage. And thus, it notifies you that a problem is in progress or it has all already occurred and you are required to take some kind of action to resolve it. Given below are the easy steps that can help you overcome the issue:
- Try rebooting your printer and the connected computer.
- Ensure the printer is plugged into a wall, and not a power strip.
The process to resolve the Fatal Error issue
In case you do not find the above suggestions helpful, given below is a series of steps to remedy the Fatal Error situation and complete the installation of your printer:
- Turn on your Windows computer and go for the Windows icon.
- Go for the “Control Panel”> “System and Maintenance”.
- Next, move on to the “Device Manager”> hit on “View”.
- From the drop-down menu, go for “Show hidden devices”.
- From the list hit on the plus symbol (+)
- Now, right-click on “HP Universal printing PCL_5”.
- And go for the “Update Driver Software” option.
- Move forth with “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Hit on “Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer”.
- On the next screen, go for your print driver and hit “Next”.
- Wait for the installation procedure to complete and hit “Close”.
- After that, wait for your printer installation to be automatic.
- And, end the process by hitting on the “Finish” option.
The above-detailed read will give you a clear insight into one of the error messages that you might face during the installation procedure for your HP printer– Fatal Error. It doesn’t mean that your printer would not work again, it just means that there has been a problem in the process and you need to fix it right away. Find causes, easy fixes, and a resolution method that answers the question- how to fix Fatal Error when installing HP Printer.