HP printer is bliss for those who are looking for printing work-related or personal documents efficiently within a specific time frame. You do not need to be in the hassle to print your important documents. Through this article, you will get to learn the basic steps to fix the “HP printer not printing” error. It is important to know that these steps are applicable for Windows and Mac. So, you need not worry about the steps to fix the error. So, let us get started!
What are the causes of the “HP printer not printing” error?
- Outdated printer driver, lack of cartridge, faulty print function, and clogged printer heads.
- Printer scanning but not printing.
- The print function gets stuck in the printer queue may stop the printer from printing.
Troubleshooting steps for the “HP printer not printing” issue
HP printers are compatible printers that are capable of printing even heavy files with text, graphs, charts, and images. However, if you are unable to print then you need to follow the steps that are given below to fix the error:
- First of all, you need to open the print preview option in Word to ensure that the document preview is accurate and no text or image is missing.
- Remember, Word documents can be crisply made and formatted so while printing the edges are not cut or folded.
- Word file clearly offers the options such as quick printing to establish a secured connection.
- Just check your spooler server, you need to tap on the “Start” option and then go to the “Control Panel” and then go to the Administrative tools, followed by services and print spooler.
- You need to check that the printer driver has an outdated version of the driver that may hamper your functions to print.
- This clearly allows the word document to print the quality and sends the document directly to the printer.
- Remember, the print options are available in the word document and allow you to specify the printing specifications such as type of page quality, the number of copies, and much more.
- The print preview option enables the users to review the document and make modifications to the document before printing.
- Furthermore, the Word document enables you to print in different modes.
How to print again from the printer that is facing an “HP printer not printing” error?
Follow the steps to enable the HP printer to print the documents and deal with HP printer not printing:
Installation of HP smart app:
- First of all, you need to download and install the HP smart app from the website.
- From the HP smart app, you need to select the printer model and then select the printer settings to go to the “Settings” screen.
- Tap on the “Continue” option to enable the app to search for printers in the available network.
- Just add the printer to the app.
- Follow the step that prompts on-screen to complete the process.
Adding the printer to the HP smart app:
- First of all, you need to check whether the device is connected to the computer over the same wireless network.
- The next step is to continue to add the printer to the HP smart app by selecting the printer from the list displayed on-screen.
- Remember, if your printer is not displayed in the list then you can add it manually.
- Just tap on the setup option and then click on the printer.
- Follow the instructions that are displayed on the screen to complete the setup.
- If still your printer is not shown in the list then you have to click on the “+” sign to add the printer manually.
- Now, you need to enable the print anywhere feature from the screen.
By the end of this article, we hope that the troubleshooting steps that are mentioned here will help you to fix the problem related to the “HP printer not printing” error. This will clearly enable you to print the documents efficiently. However, if you are still facing issues with the printer then you are recommended to visit the official website and get assistance from the experts available round the clock.